Memphis Trip Information
Here is some information about the Memphis trip. Some plans are being finalized at the moment but more details will follow in the next few days.
Please know these important times and information:
- The band will leave on Thursday morning around 9:00am. Band members will need their warm-ups, gray shorts and red warm weather shirts with black marching band shoes or black shoes.
- We will eat dinner in Memphis – this will be provided.
- We will spend one night in the hotel – Thursday night. Breakfast will be provided.
- We will perform on Friday at 4:00pm CT (5:00pm Chattanooga time).
- The band will wear the all black dress for the concert – boys black tux, bow tie, and cummerbund with white shirt, and girls all black.
- The band will depart Memphis at approximately 8:00pm Chattanooga time and arrive back to OHS at around 2:30am.
- The students will need monies for lunch on Thursday and possibly a snack, lunch and dinner on Friday. Most of these will be fast food type meals.
I will get you a detailed itinerary on Monday evening.
We may have a few seats on the bus and a couple of extra rooms if you are interested. I will include the costs for that in Monday’s email.
Thanks for your understanding. This is quite an undertaking without a tour company, but we are attempting to save the band program money.
Edited on 4/7/2014 with link to itinerary.